We have been talking so much on the air about what actors WANT to join the Marvel Universe. It never crossed my mind that there were actors out there who weren’t interested. Take a Peak below.
Superhero movies clearly aren’t for everyone. Here are a dozen actors who do NOT want to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
1. Emily Blunt . . . She actually had to turn down the role of Black Widow, but looking back she doesn’t regret it because she doesn’t like superhero movies.
2. John Cho . . . He doesn’t want to have to diet or work out like crazy.
3. Timothee Chalamet . . . He did audition to play Peter Parker, but recently he said one of his heroes gave him career advice . . . quote, “No superhero movies.”
4. Amanda Seyfried . . . She doesn’t like stunt work . . . she also turned down the role of Gamora in “Guardians of the Galaxy” because she didn’t want to be painted green for six months out of the year.
5. Jennifer Aniston . . . She thinks, quote, “big Marvel movies” are diminishing the value of cinema.
6. Matthew McConaughey . . . Marvel turned him down to play Hulk, but asked him to join “Guardians of the Galaxy 2” . . . he said no because he didn’t want to “feel like an amendment.”
7. Jason Statham . . . He doesn’t want to be in one because he thinks any guy could do it . . . and thinks they rely too much on green screens and stunt doubles. (This from a guy who does “Fast and Furious” movies. SHUT UUUUUP!!!)
8. Jon Hamm . . . He’s turned down opportunities because he doesn’t want to commit to potential future films that he hasn’t read scripts for, including crossovers.
9. Reese Witherspoon . . . She just doesn’t find interest in it.
10. Rose McGowan . . . She said in 2015 that they lack complexity, story and character development, and they’re lazy and average male filmmaking.
11. Sean Penn . . . He thinks they take up too much space and wasted too much time in the careers of talented people.
12. Josh Hartnett . . . Not Marvel, but he said he was offered Superman when he was younger, but turned it down because he didn’t want it to define the rest of his career.
(Here are 15 others who WOULD want a shot in the MCU.)