I stayed up for 5 awards and then crashed. I was a bit surprised by a couple of the winners but couldn’t really judge since I only saw one movie that had a winner in it, Bohemian Rhapsody. So what did you think?
The 2019 Academy Award Winners
Best Picture: Green Book
Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron (Roma)
Best Actress: Olivia Colman (The Favourite)
Best Actor: Rami Malek (Bohemian Rhapsody)
Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Regina King (If Beale Street Could Talk)
Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Mahershala Ali (Green Book)s
Best Costume Design: Black Panther (Ruth E. Carter)
Best Visual Effects: First Man
Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Vice
Best Animated Feature: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Best Original Song: “Shallow” … A Star Is Born … Performed by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga
– People magazine claims Rami Malek fell off stage after the Academy Awards ended. Paramedics were called to treat the actor. He was taken to a private backstage area to be examined.
– Mashable claims Lady Gaga wore a 128.5 carat Tiffany diamond to last night’s Academy Awards. The diamond was hanging from a damond studded necklace. It is worth $30 million and was last worn by Audrey Hepburn in 1961 while promoting ”Breakfast at Tiffany’s.”
– Jason Momoa wore a pink tuxedo to last night’s Academy Awards. He accessorized by wearing a pink scrunchie on his wrist
– Spike Lee wore a purple suit in honor of Prince
– People magazine claims Glenn Close wore a 42-pound dress to the Oscars last night. It was covered in 4 million beads.
– People magazine claims Michael B Jordan’s date for the Academy Awards was his mother Donna.
– E! News claims the Oscars’ In Memoriam featured tributes to Stan Lee, Burt Reynolds, Penny Marshall and Margot Kidder. Verne Troyer, Aretha Franklin and Carol Channing were left out
– Female First claims Kevin Hart spent last night boxing with his personal trainer rather than hosting The Oscars
– The Daily Mail claims Monica Lewinsky attended the Vanity Fair Oscars party in a black gown and gold shoes
– Hollywoodlife.com claims Elton John’s Oscars viewing party was attended by Heidi Klum, Chace Crawford Adriana Lima, and other celebrities.
– The Daily Mail claims Netflix spent $30 million on their marketing push to get ”Roma” to win Best Picture. “Green Book” won the award
– Amazon founder Jeff Bezos attended the Academy Awards with an assistant. He drank a vodka soda during the show
– Jennifer Hudson walked around with four handlers because they were needed to carry her dress’s massive train.
– Some celebrities ate chocolate chip cookies during commercial breaks
– Entertainment Tonight claims Lady Gaga was the last celebrity to enter the Dolby Theater.
– The NY Post claims Spike Lee was allegedly mad when “Green Book” won the Oscar for Best Picture. The paper says he stormed towards the back of the theater before Jordan Peele engaged him in a conversation. Spike then turned his back to the stage as the “Green Book” cast and crew accepted their award.