While many restaurants close their dining rooms and others fight to remain open, there are certain people out there right now racking their brains to come up with creative solutions to help all local businesses. Take a look at some of these minds at work!
- Johnathan Rosenthal is a photographer out of the Fox Valley area. He is offering photography and videography services to small businesses free of charge. Contact him for details!
- Michelle Botino runs Fully Promoted of St. Charles, a promotional and embroidery business. They are going all over town to give away pink caps to business owners that were nominated by customers, friends, and staff to help raise awareness for early detection. Tons of awesome pictures and videos on their page.
- Makery Studios in Plainfield did a cool thing where they offered a discount on their services if you showed a receipt from another local restaurant.
- Skeleton Key Brewing Company in Downers Grove is offering a box of goodies they call SKB in a Box. it includes a big ol’ pumpkin, stencils, carving kit + tea light, a half-dozen apple cider donuts, savory spices for roasting the seeds, a bag of kettle corn, and — of course — beer!
- Then there’s Bobby Johnson, founder of Keep Local Alive. This ball of positive energy is putting together the Boost Crew – a group of citizens that are joining forces to BOOST one local business every week by either patronizing them, sharing their social media posts, giving positive reviews, whatever. I LOVE IT!! BOOST CREW!!
If you hear of other creative things happenin’ in the ‘burbs, let me know and we’ll spread the word!