I love my dogs, Juliette and Hamlet and my cat, Craig the female cat is coming around after almost 5 years. Didn’t care much for human interaction until recently.
My dogs sleep on me, under the covers, on the pillows and yes, they get a little taste of people food too. What I don’t do is share the bathroom with them. That’s my one private room in the house. Take a look at the surveys on the habits of pet owners below.
A study by Queen’s University reveals that 33% of pet owners take their pets into the bathroom with them. Other findings:
– 66% of people think that sharing a bathroom with their pet is normal
– 90% of pet owners don’t care what their friends or family think about them sharing their bathroom with their pet.
– 60% of people are closer to their pet than their friends.
– 20% of people kiss their pet on the mouth
– 33% of people have taken a bath with their pet
A survey by Groupon reveals that 23% of pet owners say their pet has affected their love life. Other findings:
– 14% of people say their pet has interrupted a lovemaking session
– 20% of people would rather spend a night in with their pet than a romantic night with their partner
– 42% of people are more likely to send their partner a picture of their pet rather than a sexy selfie.
Most Popular Pet Names That Are Inspired By Disney Characters according to GoCompare
Top 10 Naughtiest Dog Breeds according to a survey by Pets at Home (based on number of insurance claims)
2. Jack Russell
3. Cocker Spaniel
4. Staffordshire Bull Terrier
5. Border Collie
6. Golden Retriever
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
9. German Shepherd
10. Yorkshire Terrier