Five Things to Look Forward to in May
More than 5 for sure and that means the Month of May is filled with goodies to enjoy. Happy May Day!
We’ve turned the calendar again, so here are five things to look forward to in May . . .
1. If pomp and circumstance are your thing, the Coronation of King Charles is coming up this Saturday. He’s been king since Queen Elizabeth passed away in September, but it’s the official crowning ceremony.
2. In sports: The NBA and NHL playoffs are happening all month. The Kentucky Derby is this Saturday. The PGA Championship starts May 18th. The French Open starts on the 22nd. And the Indy 500 is May 28th.
3. In movies: “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” opens wide this Friday. The tenth “Fast & Furious” movie “Fast X” hits theaters on the 19th. And Disney’s live-action remake of “The Little Mermaid” arrives May 26th.
4. On TV: The “MTV Movie & TV Awards” are May 7th. “America’s Got Talent” returns May 30th. And Arnold Schwarzenegger’s first TV series . . . the Netflix spy comedy “FUBAR” . . . lands May 25th. It’s his first TV series.
5. And finally, the holidays: The big ones are Cinco de Mayo . . . Mother’s Day on the 14th . . . and Memorial Day on the 29th. But there’s also “Star Wars” Day on May the 4th . . . National Eat What You Want Day on the 11th . . . National Mimosa Day on the 16th . . . and National Hamburger Day on May 28th.