It’s a new month, and we’ve got America’s birthday coming up on Sunday. But here are a few more things to look forward to in July!
1. LIVE MUSIC IN THE SUBURBS!! REO Speedwagon hits the stage at RiverEdge Park tonight to a sold out crowd for the first rock show in the Chicago area since the pandemic! I’m doing my entire show from the park and Danielle will be live from REP from 6-8. PS…park on the opposite side of the river and save $10.
Also kicking off tonight, the new season of Rock ‘N Wheels in Addison! That car show and concert is absolutely free! Music tonight from Almost Brothers (Allman Brothers tribute) and Free Byrd (Lynyrd Skynyrd, obv).
2. Lots of sports: The NBA Finals start a week from today . . . another UFC rematch for Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier is set for July 10th . . . the ESPY Awards are the same night . . . baseball’s All-Star Game is July 13th . . . and the Summer Olympics finally get started on July 23rd.
3. A few big movies are on the way: “Black Widow” hits theaters and Disney+ next Friday . . . “Space Jam: A New Legacy” with LeBron James lands July 16th . . . and Disney’s “Jungle Cruise” movie comes out on July 30th.
4. On TV: “Big Brother” and “Love Island” return next Wednesday . . . the “Monsters, Inc.” series “Monsters at Work” hits Disney+ the same day . . . the new “Gossip Girl” reboot arrives on HBO Max July 8th . . . and Shark Week starts on July 11th.
5. And finally, the holidays: The big one is the Fourth of July this Sunday, but here are a few more you might want to mark on your calendar . . .
Tomorrow is World UFO Day . . . National Bikini Day is the 5th . . . Fried Chicken Day is the 6th . . . Piña Colada Day is the 10th, followed by Mojito Day on the 11th . . . National French Fry Day is the 13th . . . Ice Cream Day is the 18th . . . Junk Food Day is the 21st . . . and National Tequila Day is July 24th.