This Saturday I’m broadcasting live from PrairieFest in Oswego leading up to the BoDeans concert! Since I’m a PrairieFest rookie, I thought I’d get the scoop from a woman who knows the fest like the back of her hand — Kristie Vest, the Superintendent of Events and Cultural Arts for the Oswegoland Park District! In other words, she’s Oswego’s Director of Fun Stuff!
You can listen to the entire interview above (if it doesn’t play, refresh the page), but here are a few things that popped out to me!
– Parking is free.
– Admittance is free for all entertainment, including the big musical acts!
– The food is so next level it was featured on both the Food Network and the Cooking Channel!
– The festival will have their very own featured beer created by hometown brewery Oswego Brewing Company.
– Before the carnival opens to the general public tomorrow, “Me Too @ the Fest” will operate the games/rides at slower speeds and no music/loud noises to accommodate children with disabilities.
– A Father’s Day parade! How cool!
– The music line up is great! Many of the best local bands will be playing, and the national touring acts are awesome with The Spin Doctors, BoDeans and American English headlining different days.
– There could be a new world record set!
– There are also many, what I call “community betterment” opportunities, like anytime CPR classes, blood drives and pet adoption events.
See you out there on Saturday!