I’m sure a lot of you have lost your Mom and as this Mother’s Day approaches I can’t help but start thinking now, about all she did for me over the course of my lifetime!
What a woman my Mom was. She brought 5 kids in to this world and stayed home and took care of us through our teen years. When the chance came, she couldn’t get out in the workforce fast enough. In honor of Moms everywhere, here are some Mother’s Day goodies for you to enjoy! (you will see modern day Moms want something a bit different than my Mom did.)
– Plastic surgeons say Mother’s Day has helped spur a jump in Botox gift certificate sales
– over 1.2 billion calls will be placed on Mother’s Day
– The average American will send out 2.6 Mother’s Day cards
– 27% of people will purchase Mother’s Day gifts for their mother-in-laws.
– KFC says Mother’s Day is their biggest day of the year. On Sunday, they’ll sell over 10,000,000 pieces of chicken resulting in close to $18,000,000 in sales
– Over 160,000,000 roses will be delivered on Mother’s Day.
– An AOL survey reveals that at one time or another, 38% of men, and 23% of women, have forgotten to buy a Mother’s Day gift.
– According to a Mother’s Day survey by Babycenter.com, 42% of mothers say being a mom is more fun than they expected while 4% say they are completely bored. 31% of the respondents say being a mom has killed their sex life.
– 46% of moms say their husbands/partners cause them more stress than their kids do.
– 72% of moms stress about how stressed they are.
– Biggest cause of stress: 60% of moms say it’s a lack of time to do everything that needs to get done
– 60% of moms say raising girls is more stressful than raising boys.
– Nine out of 10 moms stress about staying fit and attractive