Whenever these days roll around, I like to take the pulse of the community! I want to know where to get the best of every dish, and today, it’s the trusty french fry!
Since it’s National French Fry Day, I want to know where the best fries can be had around the ‘burbs!
I have asked this question before, and here are the responses from you, our venerable listeners! If there are more suggestions on our social media question that don’t already appear on our map, I’ll make sure to add them!
In the mean time, here are some stats to help us get in the mood!
1. 83% of Americans like French fries. Only 4% dislike them. 12% are “neutral.” And the remaining 1% don’t know how they feel . . . somehow.
2. French fries are the second-most popular American dish, behind hamburgers.
3. French fries are the #2 food people can’t live without . . . second only to pizza.
4. In a ranking of the “ultimate” fast food fries, McDonald’s is #1 by a long shot. Chick-fil-A is second, followed by Five Guys, Wendy’s, and Arby’s.
5. When it comes to the style of fries, “regular” is the most popular, with curly fries being a close second. Steak-cut, crinkle, and waffle fries round out the Top Five.