The Best Rules for a White Elephant Gift Exchange
Everyone does it, but not everyone agrees on the rules. Well, with the help of “science,” here are the best rules to govern your gift exchange this year!
That might be because the most popular type of present to BRING is a gag gift . . . while the gift we most want to end up with is a useful household item. Here are five steps for a good White Elephant gift exchange, according to the survey . . .
1. The ideal number of people is 11. More than that, and it takes too long.
2. The most popular week to do it is the third week of December. So, next week.
3. There should be a spending limit. The amount that got the most votes was $25.
4. There should be a max of three steals per gift. So if you’re the third person to steal something, it’s yours. Not everyone agrees though. 19% said it’s the one rule they’d like to ELIMINATE from the game.
5. Don’t use the “timeout” rule. That’s where you open all the gifts first, then do a separate round of stealing at the end. It was voted as the worst rule to use.