There is nothing worse than starting off a long holiday weekend by sitting in hours and hours of traffic. With almost 43 million people heading out this weekend, you best leave outside of the official drive times! See the story below!
MarketWatch claims a record 42.8 million Americans are planning to travel over Memorial Day Weekend. That’s 1.5 million more than last year. The worst travel days for the weekend are going to be Thursday between 4:45 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. and Monday between 3:45 p.m. and 5:45 pm.
MEMORIAL DAY FACTS
Memorial Day weekend is the third biggest grilling occasion of the year behind the Fourth of July (90%) and birthdays (76%)
– 71% of Americans own a grill
– the three foods grilled most often are hamburgers (73%), chicken (41%) and steak (40%).
– grillers consider dessert the most challenging food to grill (35%), followed by fish (30%) and pizza (28%).
A survey by M&M Food Market reveals that 95% of people grill during the summer. Other findings:
– 34% of men say they are expert grillers. Only 13% of women would agree
– top grilled items: steak (58%), hamburgers (55%), chicken (42%) and sausages or hot dogs (35%)