This Man Cleaned His Ears and Got A Brain Infection

It is something that is only going to give me nightmares, so I have to share it with you so I’m not alone.

Health experts warn us to never shove anything into our ears but after reading this you may think twice before you pick up that cotton swab.

A British man developed an ear infection so bad that it spread to his brain, all because he lost part of a cotton swab in his ear five years earlier!

According to a medical journal study, the man went to the hospital after suffering seizures and collapsing.  He later told doctors that he had vomiting, had splitting ear and head pain and had been given two round of powerful antibiotics for severe infections over the last five years.

Doctors decided to perform surgery on the man and found part of a cotton swab that had been lodged inside of him for five years! After extracting the swab and another round of antibiotics the man is completely recovered.

It’s things like this that keep me up worried at night. Now I’m stuck between not wanting water in my ear and now wanting an infection on my brain. :\

Danielle Tufano

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

How did you like the Norman Lear redo? Today Is National Wine Day! Are YOU Doing What EVERYONE Else Is? What’s a group with a band leader and band name… you know, like (Someone) and the (Somethings)? Flying This Summer? Here’s 8 Things To Keep In Mind. The Best Tweets From Celebrities: Ranked
Comments