There are a lot of songs that have been released that sound like a love song but are really about a terrible person…There are love songs that are about people that have no idea what love is all about. And then there are really sad songs that might bring you to tears until you have heard the song so many times that you end up being angry.
One guy made a list of the “worst people in the history of songs.” Here is a list of some of them!
1. The couple in the “Pina Colada“ song. They deserve their pain.
2. Everyone in “Cat’s in the Cradle“. Get some therapy. You’re ruining lives.
3. The kids in Jeremy’s class weren’t great.
(From “Jeremy” by Pearl Jam. WARNING: This one contains profanity.)
4. The guy who rode through the desert for God knows how long, and couldn’t even come up with a decent name for his horse. (From “A Horse with No Name” by America.)
5. Maxwell, of course: A murderer with three confirmed kills by the end of the song . . . Don’t be fooled by the melodic earworm of the tune. Maxwell was a monster. (From “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer” by the Beatles.)
6. The couple in “Don’t You Want Me“ seem pretty insufferable. (Human League song)
7. “Girl, You’ll Be a Woman Soon“ is not, in fact, a viable criminal defense.
8. Lucille. How could she leave her four hungry kids? (From “Lucille” by Kenny Rogers.)
9. The stalker in “Every Breath You Take“.
10. The coach who wouldn’t put John Fogerty in “Centerfield“.