Five Things to Look Forward to in September
September 1, 2019 9:46AM CDT
The first day of September is on Sunday, so here are five things to look forward to next month . . .
- The first day of fall is September 23rd.
- A TON of TV shows are returning, including “Dancing With the Stars” on the 16th . . . the 9th Season of the FX show “American Horror Story” on the 18th . . . NBC’s “The Voice” on the 23rd . . . Season 17 of “NCIS” and Season 4 of “This Is Us” on the 24th . . . and the 2nd Season of “The Masked Singer” on the 25th.
And if you’re into award shows, “The Emmys” will air on Fox on September 22nd.
- Some movies hitting theaters include “IT Chapter Two” on September 5th . . . “Rambo: Last Blood” and the “Downton Abbey” movie on September 20th . . . and the kids film “Abominable” on September 27th.
- In sports, the NFL season gets under way next Thursday, September 5th, with the Chicago Bears hosting the Green Bay Packers on NBC.
- And finally, the holidays: The big one is Labor Day this Monday . . . so hopefully you have a three-day weekend this weekend. Some other days you might feel like celebrating are:
. . . National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5th
. . . Video Games Day on September 12th
. . . Guacamole Day on the 16th
. . . Cheeseburger Day on the 18th
. . . Talk Like a Pirate Day on the 19th
. . . and National Drink Beer Day on September 28th.