Hey, it’s Chris Miles! How is your weekend going? Mine is good because I get to hang out with you on this Sunday afternoon.
I found a new trend on Twitter that I had to tell you about.
People are using the hashtag #AndThenIWasFired to talk about some of the crazy reasons they were fired.
Here is a list of some of the funniest ones:
- “[I] once took 14 days off to see Phishand completely forgot. I saw my schedule and thought they were firing me passive aggressively, so I texted my boss [angrily], then she replied, ‘You took these two weeks off for Phish.'”
- “I was on vacation with a family I nannied for. The kid wanted to play with me instead of his mom.”
- “I cooked fish in the microwave.”
- “I brought my Komodo dragon to work on Bring Your Dog to Work Day.”
- “One of the guys on my team was throwing up at his desk. The CEO pulled me into his office and told me, ‘Do not send him home, I’m not paying for another sick day.’ I walked out of his office and sent my guy home.”
After reading this list, It begs the question, have you been fired for a crazy reason? Let me know in the comments below. I got fired twice in my life and both times, it was because of corporate downsizing.