Six Things to Look Forward to in August
It’s a new month, and for a lot of your kids it’s back to school time! Here are some other things to look forward to in August!
1. National Vinyl Record Day is on August 12, and we are celebrating with a special exlusive beer release! We’ve partnered with Black Dog Vinyl Cafe and Werk Force Brewing Company for Stacks of Wax IPA. Check out the details!
2. Lots of great local events as well, including the Taste of Bolingbrook, Irish Fest in Naperville and Scott Mackay broadcasting live at Pinz in Yorkville, Get the Led Out at RiverEdge Park, and Mooseheart’s Moose-A-Palooza.
3. So many new TV shows to watch this month: “Reservation Dogs” starts August 9th on Hulu . . . Marvel’s new animated series “What If” is available August 11th on Disney+ . . . the season 8 premiere of “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” is August 12th on NBC . . . the tenth season of “American Horror Story” drops August 25th on FX . . . and the premiere of “Archer: Season 12” is August 25th on FXX or the next day on Hulu.
4. Movies: “The Suicide Squad” debuts August 6th on HBO Max . . . Val Kilmer’s documentary “Val” also comes out August 6th, but on Amazon Prime . . . “Free Guy” starring Ryan Reynolds opens nationwide August 13th . . . Jennifer Hudson plays Aretha Franklin in “Respect” also opening on August 13th . . . and Jordan Peele’s, “Candyman” premieres on August 27th.
5. As for sports, NFL Football doesn’t start till September but I bet your fantasy football draft is this month . . . The Olympics wrap up on August 8th in Tokyo . . . and the Yankees play the White Sox in MLB’s “Field of Dreams” game, which takes place on August 12th in Dyersville, Iowa.
6. And finally, the holidays! Here are a few you might want to mark on your calendar: Today is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day . . . National Grab Some Nuts Day is tomorrow . . . International Beer Day is August 6th . . . National Women’s Day is August 8th . . . National Bowling Day is August 14th . . . National Fajita Day is August 18th . . . Kobe Bryant Day is August 24th . . . and August 28th is National Red Wine Day.