The Top Words We Can’t Spell…
What word is it that gets you every time. Autocorrect underlines it every time you use it. What’s that word for you.
Here are the biggest problem words.
Someone looked at google search stats to find the most common words we struggle to spell. Here are the top ten .
1. Restaurant. We google the spelling an average of 95,000 times a month. The part that trips a lot of us up is the “A-U” in the middle. (R-E-S-T-A-U-R-A-N-T)
2. Pneumonia. There’s a silent “P”, and an “E-U” in there. (P-N-E-U-M-O-N-I-A)
3. Appreciate. People forget how many “P’s” there are, and whether there’s a “C” or an “S” halfway through. (A-P-P-R-E-C-I-A-T-E)
4. Receipt. Remember, it’s “I” before “E” except after “C.” (R-E-C-E-I-P-T)
5. Beautiful. Tough because it’s got three vowels in a row. (B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L)
6. Niece. People can’t remember if it’s an “I-E” or an “E-I”. (N-I-E-C-E)
7. Maintenance. We forget where the “A’s” and “E’s” go. (M-A-I-N-T-E-N-A-N-C-E)
8. Bougie. (pronounced booj-ee) Like, “You bought the expensive champagne? Wow, you’re so bougie.” (B-O-U-G-I-E)
9. Diarrhea. You don’t have to know how to spell it to have it. (D-I-A-R-R-H-E-A)
10. Congratulations. We google it a lot, partly because we write it on Facebook so much. (C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S)