Since we’re stuck at home, it’s a good chance to try new things! We here at the Jakusz homestead tried this new “whipped coffee” drink we saw on the Aldi Nerds Facebook group (shop at Aldi and haven’t heard of this group? Figure it out.).
So for this drink you need to whip equal parts instant coffee (not regular beans, but INSTANT coffee, which is water soluble), hot water and sugar. When you whip that up, ou get a nice, fluffy version of instant coffee that you can add to a glass of milk. We added some flavored creamer as well. This goes by other names as well, like Dolgona Coffee or Greek Frappe.
How is it? Well, the actual whipped coffee was way to strong to eat/drink, but when let to mix with the milk…YEW! It was gooood!
Give it a try!
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar you can use
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- a pinch of cinnamon optional
- 1 cup milk of choice I’ve tried it with soy milk, almond and oat milk
Then do this:
– Taste it if you want, but it will be STRONG!
– Drop it in some of your favorite milk.
– Down the hatch.