There’s a thread where people are sharing the “everyday activities” they’ve been doing wrong for years . . . and let’s face it, we’ve ALL failed to notice something obvious.
1. You can take the silverware basket out of the dishwasher to unload it . . . or even to load it.
2. Don’t waste celery. If it goes limp and loses its crunch in the fridge, soak it in water overnight.
3. Sliding your thumb on the spacebar of your phone will move the cursor.
4. To open a beverage can with a tab that’s flush with the top, just push down on the hinge of the tab and it’ll raise the other end up.
5. Rinsing your hair with hot water can leave your hair frizzy and dry . . . that’s apparently not the case if you use COLD water. (People say that if you use both shampoo and conditioner . . . rinse the shampoo with warm water, and the conditioner with the coldest water you can stand.)
6. To wrap a towel around your waist after a shower, don’t tuck the hem INWARDS. Instead, fold it outwards and down, and it’s much more secure.
7. To open bananas, do what monkeys do and open them from the bottom. It’s much easier.
8. The inside shower curtain goes inside the tub to keep the floor outside dry.
9. Use a gift card to sign up for free trials online. Some say it works with an EMPTY Visa prepaid card. That way, you don’t have to worry about forgetting about it and being charged.
10. If your candle wax has not burned on the edges, put a piece of tin foil over the unburned edge and it will start burning evenly. (???)