How To Fake-Clean Your Home So People Think It’s Actually Clean
It’s been shown that it takes just 38 seconds for a visitor to judge your home. In those seconds, they aren’t going to be inspecting your floor boards or checking the inside of your microwave. However, there are a few things that get noticed right away, most of which have nothing to do with how clean your house actually is! The term “fake it ’til you make it,” comes to mind!
According to a new survey, here are the 10 things they notice right away. Take care of these things, and people won’t talk behind your back about how nasty your house it.
1. The smell. (I prefer some Scenty warmers throughout the house)
2. The temperature.
3. Whether or not the carpets have been vacuumed. (OK, you do have to do SOME actual cleaning!)
4. How comfortable the furniture is.
5. If there are dirty dishes in the sink. (Clean them…or if you are super lazy, just hide them).
6. Dirty windows. (Again…some actual cleaning).
7. What books you have on display.
8. Whether the furniture looks worn out.
9. The color of the walls.
10. How dusty it is.
So, it sounds like the minimum cleaning you should do is vacuuming the carpet, dust, wash the windows and do your dishes. Everything else is cosmetic!