I always wait until last minute to go buy a costume at a Halloween Shop or a Salvation Army store.
Well, thanks to this article, I can make mine at home. Woo Hoo.
It’s almost Halloween! If you need a costume in a pinch, here are six ideas using items you probably already have in your closet . . .
1. Tourist. Some combo of shorts, a brightly-colored tacky shirt, socks with sandals, a straw hat or visor, sunglasses, a camera, and sunscreen on your nose.
2. Lumberjack. A flannel with some jeans and a beanie. Bonus points if your kids have a toy ax lying around.
3. Mummy. Just need some of those fabric bandages to wrap around you. You can also tear old white T-shirts into strips and use those.
4. Bank robber. Black leggings, a black and white striped shirt, a little black mask, and some kind of loot bag.
5. Bob Ross. Button-down shirt, jeans, and you can make a small paint palette out of cardboard.
6. Barbie. It’s one of THE trending costumes this year. Get the look by dressing in anything pink with high heels, or brightly-colored workout clothes, tube socks, and rollerblades.