Things that should be retired at Weddings…
I think the Garter Belt and Bouquet toss should go. It embarrassing to watch people desperately wrestle for them. I have DJ’d a lot of weddings and it is the only time that people really act aggressively. LOL
If you’ve been to a lot of weddings, you know they can be really formulaic. And that’s probably because there’s a fine line between the expected “traditions” . . . and stuff that’s just become trite and STALE.
There’s a list going viral of things that people think should be RETIRED from weddings. And not surprisingly, it’s pretty controversial. Here are a few of the better ones . . . what do YOU think?
1. “Clinking silverware on glasses to get the couple to kiss.”
2. “The tired, boring Best Man and Maid of Honor speeches.”
3. “The first dance. It’s lame . . . no one but the couple is entertained by it.”
4. “Playing Beyoncé’s ‘Single Ladies’ when it’s time for the bouquet toss.”
5. “The ‘Chicken Dance’.”
6. “People proposing at other people’s wedding ceremonies or receptions.”
7. “Over-drinking, which can lead to unwelcome drama and distractions.”
8. “Choreographed skits, flash mobs, and dance routines.”
9. “Serving food that’s on a buffet that isn’t labeled.” Due to allergies.
10. “Bringing kids when the invite requests NO children.”
11. “Taking your own pics, while the photographer is doing the staged shots.”
12. “The couple smearing cake in each other’s faces.”