This Saturday, like many other Saturday’s before it, bars and restaurants will be open in downtown Plainfield. Unlike the other Saturdays, dozens of Santa Clause-clad merrymakers will be filling those establishments…and all for a good cause!
For the price of one toy for Toys for Tots, you are welcome to dress in your Santa best and join Plainfield SantaCon 2022!
You can drop off your toy at any of the downtown businesses.
Plainfield is the only city in Illinois outside Chicago to host an official SantaCon event.
If you would like to participate, you are to meet at the corner of Des Plaines and Lockport Streets at 6:45 for a few minutes of caroling before the big group picture.
After that? The merriment will commence at the location of your choosing.
Many downtown Plainfield establishments will be welcoming Santas with various events:
- Big Sammy’s Sandwich Shop will have a special event menu from 5pm -7pm to make sure your belly is properly prepared before the festivities.
- MoJoes is throwing their annual Ugly Sweater Party.
- Uptown Tap has live music.
- Mora Asian Fusion will have smoked maple bourbon old fashions and spiced chocolate.
- Front Street Cantina will have some specials and a DJ.
There will also be a costume contest, raffles and other prizes to win throughout the night.
Chicago’s Santa Con takes place on Friday, Dec. 16th, with Plainfield’s the night following. There are 33 official SantaCon cities around the world!