When Selling Your House, This Room Is the Most Important To Spotlight!
This is Nick for my friends at Daniel and Associates Real Estate!
So you made the decision to sell your house, right? You clean it, fix it up, get it ready to show potential buyers. But…there is ONE room that is more important than the rest!
According to my guy Dan Czuba at DAARE, who’s been selling real estate right here in the ‘burbs for nearly FORTY YEARS, it’s the kitchen! This is one of the tips from his website:
The kitchen is often the most important room in the house. Make it bright and attractive.
- Put a vase of fresh flowers on the table.
- Replace curtains or clean existing ones.
- Remove appliances from counters.
- Create a pleasant fragrance in the kitchen (i.e. vanilla, cinnamon)
Obviously, that’s not the ONLY thing though. Take a look at this helpful list from DAARE about how to get your home ready to sell at the best price in the shortest amount of time:
The effort put into repairing and cleaning your property is likely to be returned in a fast sale at an attractive price.
- As buyers approach your property the first time, impressions are formed quickly.
- Paint house – this can do more for sales appeal than any other factor.
- Yard – Remove all toys, garbage, garden tools and other items from view.
- Mow lawn and keep edged.
- Close garage doors.
- Put colorful flowers in front of house.
Often, while waiting to be let in, the first thing a buyer looks at closely is the front door.
- Put new paint on the front door.
- Buy a new door mat
Buyers take a close look at the basement of a home.
- They will look for bad wiring, leaky pipes and signs of decay.
- Clean out basement and dispose of everything you are not going to move.
- Ensure that there is plenty of lighting.
- Sweep or vacuum floor.
- Stack items neatly against walls.
It is important that bathrooms are clean, bright and smell fresh.
- Install a new shower curtain and replace worn throw rugs.
- Polish all fixtures.
- Open windows.
- Hang bright, fresh towels.
- Remove stains from toilets and bathtubs.
- Use air freshener.
- Display colorful soaps.
The living room
- Clean out the fireplace and place logs in it.
- Polish all woodwork.
- Put big furniture in storage so rooms are not cluttered or crowded.
If you are thinking about selling your home, contact Dan and his team before the end of September! They will happily make a donation to DuPage Pads to aid the homeless and you’ll also get one of these AWESOME birdhouses as a thank you! It will sure look nice in front of your new house!
Daniel And Associates Real Estate | Daniel Czuba | West Chicago, IL Real Estate | 630-231-8090
Daniel and Associates Real Estate serving DuPage and surrounding counties for over 30 years. Call 630-231-8090 today for your buying and selling needs.